Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 11 - On My Own

Diet Tip of the day:
Don't forget to satisfy the chocolate addict inside you.

This is mainly aimed at the ladies out there, but I think it applies to everyone. For several years, I had a bad reaction whenever I ate chocolate on an empty stomach. I would get terrible migraines and couldn't function for the rest of the day. Years later, I still don't know what it is about chocolate that gives me problems, but I've figured out how to satisfy my chocolate cravings without the backlash.

This morning, I ate a bowl of Special K Chocolate Delight cereal. The chocolate pieces aren't overwhelmingly rich, and a bowl is only 160 calories (with 1/2 cup of skim milk). It's a perfect chocolate fix, especially while dieting.

And now for today. It is Friday! Usually, on Fridays I eat dinner with my boyfriend's family, but this weekend they are going to Iowa for the girl's soccer tournament his team is competing in. So I'm on my own tonight for dinner. Normally, I would eat my daily meal for lunch because it gives me the energy I need to get through my day; but on Fridays I have a meal bar at work instead. Tonight I'm going to make myself some tilapia with rice and veggies.

So here's my plan for the day:
For breakfast, Special K Chocolate Delight cereal [(3/4 c) 120 cal] with skim milk [(1/2 c) 40 cal].
Snack #1 is a Special K Chocolate Peanut snack bar [110 cal].
For lunch, a Special K Chocolate Chip meal bar [170 cal] with a banana [90 cal].
Snack #2 is a Special K Iced Tea protein water mix [30 cal]. These things don't taste like dieting drinks and they keep you full. They have 5g of fiber and 5g of protein and are easy to drink while I'm working.
For dinner, some Tilapia [(3.5 oz) 100 cal] seasoned lightly with black pepper and lemon juice, cooked in olive oil [(1 Tbs.) 120 cal] with white rice [(1 cup) 260 cal], 4 carrots [50 cal], and 1 cup of blackberries [60 cal].
And finally dessert. A Yoplait Boston Creme Pie yogurt [100 cal].

That brings my daily total to 1250 calories. But look at how much I get to eat!

I'm hoping to go for a nice walk after dinner to make sure that I don't eat my big meal and then let it sit for the rest of the night. The forecast says low 60's, so maybe a walk around campus would be nice. I'll aim for 30-45 min. I read a tip that said you should make a playlist on your iPod to walk to, making every third song a faster pace so that you get your heart pumping without wearing it out in one short burst.

Your feedback is very welcome. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment