Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 12 - Workin' 9 to 5

Diet tip of the day:
Pamper yourself, especially your face. It's easier to love your body when your skin is soft and your smile is bright.

In my Intro Psychology class my freshman year of college, we learned that you can actually make yourself happy by smiling. Even if you're faking it, you trick your body into feeling better. I think my face has a natural frown to it (especially when I'm driving), so I have to remember to smile throughout the day to lift my spirits. Try it! I mean it. Try it right now and see if you feel better.

Today, I'm working 9 to 5, standing the whole time (with the exception of my break). This usually leaves my lower back pretty sore. One of my goals in this weight loss journey is to improve how my body feels after simple tasks. I'm only 20, and I have back problems. That should definitely not be the case. I've heard that for every pound you lose, you take 10 pounds of pressure off of your knees. Who wouldn't want that?

I totaled up my calories on the Lose It! app yesterday, and it said I hit 1,348 before subtracting my exercises, so I think I'm going to post my meal diaries at the end of the day instead of the beginning, just to keep it consistent.

I must be off. Work starts soon. Remember to keep smiling. Seriously! Smile again, right now! :) Enjoy your day.

And for an exercise tip, I found an app called Couch to 5K. It's a 9-week workout plan that starts out easy and gets you up to being able to run a 5K. I'm going to try it this summer. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment